List of budget friendly Dubai supermarkets
Grocery shopping isn’t cheap in Dubai, especially when you have a huge family to feed. Retail food prices have risen and we need to start making smarter decisions. It can be difficult to stick to a budget, especially in a place like Dubai, but some great grocery chains in our city are helping you save money by offering great promotions, deals and just generally lower prices on food, especially if you opt to buy their own store brand products. Therefore it is very intelligent of you to choose the pocket friendly Dubai supermarkets for your kitchen shopping.
We have mentioned the list of budget friendly Dubai supermarket below which can help you save some money.
The best budget friendly Dubai Supermarkets
One of the longest standing and most charitable supermarkets in the UAE, is the neighborhood Union Coop. Basically they have been around for over 25 years and have some of the best prices and offers. The Union Coop has 11 branches spread over strategic areas in Dubai. From different stores in Satwa and Rashidiya to Jumeirah and Umm Suqieum just to name a few, Union Coop always has really great deals and focuses a lot on helping the community. Their groceries are fresh and definitely more affordable than most other supermarkets in Dubai. The Union Coop is one of our top recommendations for an affordable shopping budget.
Most of us know that Carrefour is one of the most cost-effective spots to get groceries from. The French superstore has great deals, variety and lower cost on products. That makes it one of the best places to shop and save. Carrefour is not only great for groceries, but also because it stocks many other lower-budget items including clothes, accessories, electronics, appliances and many more.
It is located all over the city, from the smaller Carrefour Markets and Carrefour Express’s to the larger superstores in the city’s malls. Make sure you can pay attention to the Carrefour generic store brand products, which are actually amazing and quite a bit cheaper than the higher end items.
: With supermarkets, hypermarkets and markets all across the city, Shaklan stocks very affordable brands and is a great place to buy fresh and low-priced fruit and vegetables. It is also home to a large selection of nuts and has them at a much higher quality than many of its competitors. You can also buy organic produce at Shaklan for a lot less. Lastly, their promotions and deals are great and add good value to your shopping trip.
- Organic Foods and Café
Organic Foods and Café is the food store with the lowest price on organic products. We all know how expensive organic food can get, so if you choose to live a healthier lifestyle, then Organic foods and café can play a vital role in your purchasing. It is the place to go if you want to spend less on organic items. It’s known to have a great variety of things and really high quality of produce, since everything is sourced from local UAE farmers. This one is our go to spot for anything organic in the city.
- Baqer Mohebi
- : This affordable supermarket located in Bur Dubai is known for its cheap chocolate and sweets among other things. Big discounts apply when you buy in bulk at Baqer Mohebi. There is also a special section in the shop – the “Dh1 per item” section, where soon to be expired goods are sold at a very low price. It is great when you want something cheap and are planning to consume it straight away.
- Lulu Hypermarket: Lulu hypermarket is a no brainer to add to this list as one of the best pocket-friendly supermarkets in Dubai. It has got a wide range of selection of items and a really great section for electronics. The prices are definitely great at Lulu, with tons of promotions and over whelming deals.
- Emirates Cooperative Society: Emirates Cooperative Society is one of the longest standing supermarkets in the UAE. Considerately known as the Co-op, this supermarket is well regarded for its affordable goods. The fruits and vegetables are always fresh and the staff is super friendly and always happy to help. They have cool promotions, such as the “products of the day” and special weekend promotions. It has a variety of locations all over UAE, it is considerably a great spot for budget shopping.
- Westzone: Great place to buy Pinoy ingredients. The hypermarket is a one-stop shop for essential items and specialty products. They have weekly promotions as well as special offers during special times of the year just like Christmas, Onam, New Year, Eid and many more.
- Viva: It is one of the first UAE food discount stores in the region offering quality products to its customers at a very minimum price. Every day the discount change, so make sure you follow their social media to know what is on sale when.
Therefore if you are in search of buying some grocery for your kitchen, try to shop it from these Dubai supermarkets for a budget friendly shopping. As we know Ramadan is also approaching in Dubai, it is the best time to plan your travel. Don’t forget to apply for a Dubai visa as soon as possible and in just two steps get your e-visa ready.